CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

So much rain!

It has been raining for two days, quite a phenomonon for this high desert country.  I  wonder what will happen to our cherries, and indeed to the cherries in western Oregon and Washington.  I swear our grass is growing 2 inches a day.  It makes wonderful compost, but we have two huge piles of it in our compost area.  Val is mowing constantly, as we have a lot of lawn here. 


Val says we had a death in our kitchen over Memorial Day weekend.  Our refrigerator/freezer died.  I had to use  the partially frozen fruit up, so I made pies us and for our friends.  I used up the  thawing vegetables in a pot of soup.  There was room in our other freezer for the rest of the food.  We had to order a new refrigerator and must wait over a week for it to come.  I have decided that one of my favorite things is ice water.  I love a large glass of ice water any time of the year, any time of the day.  I am missing that more than the refrigerator.  There isn't room in our other freezer now for ice!

But the pies-for-no-reason-at-all taste nice!

0 comments: