CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 28, 2009

A special birthday surprise for my 65th birthday

I was really surprised when all my kids gathered in Portland to give me a special birthday party for my 65th birthday.  I was so touched and honored.  They had planned a special day to surprise me, and no one had informed me of it in advance.  We met in Washington Park and had fun and shot photos of the family, and that evening Chris had reserved a room in a restaurant in Old Town Portland for us to have pizza and Joe's special homemade (my mother's recipe) banana cake.  Everyone gave me gifts, but the most special one was a book the Joe and Griselda had put together of pictures and memories the boys had come up with.  Each of them had written a tribute in there to me and their Dad, and that was most meaningful to me.  I was so touched by the family's love for each other and their thoughtfulness to me.  Nathan doesn't have a car, and Joe goes back and forth toAstoria to get him so they can be together, and Chris and Joe have outings together with Milo and Sofia and Evelyn.  Steve and Sandie go out of their way to drive up and see their siblings.  These things mean a lot to a mother, and I am grateful for such a good family.  This was one of the most special days of my life.











2 comments:

The Jensen Clan said...

Mom! We had such a great time celebrating with you! You are so special to us! It was well worth the trip to spend it with you and all of the family! We love you! You did a great job on your blog!

Holly said...

Happy Birthday Judy! Looks like a great time. That cake looked really good too. Sandie's right, your blog is looking pretty good!