CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

THANKSGVING

The day before Thanksgiving was Sofia's birthday.  She turned six.  She like blueberry cheesecake  (in the background with candles).  She and her sister Evelyn spent the summer picking their father's blueberry plants clean every day and coming in with purple faces and hands.


My camera stopped working so I couldn't get pictures of everybody, a big disappointment.  But we had Chris and Sera and Milo, and also Nathan.  We ate 8 pies, as I had to make both sugar free (for Nathan and Joe who are type 1 diabetecs--Joe being on insulin) and also sugar for everyone else.  We ate a healthy meal----lots of yams, brussels sprouts, salad, as well as turkey and all the trimmings.

Nathan and Joe brought their poetry.  They are almost better writers than their father was.  What a gift in our family.  And Nathan is so well-read.  He reminds me of Vern in his learning.  Joe reminds me of Vern in his personality and temperament.  And Chris reminds me of him with his gentleness, humbleness and humor.  The three of them are their Dad!  Now Steve---I think he takes from me.  But we make a great family;  I am so thankful for our family.  Thankyou Vern for our fine sons. 

1 comments:

mackyton said...

This post about thanksgiving was very interesting to read through. I am looking forward to more such posts. Anyways, I also have to find fun garden themed spacious San Francisco venues for my sister’s surprise bridal shower. I was just wondering if you can help regarding it.